Tuesday, May 31, 2011

touring Rabat

We spent 3 nights with our home- stay families. We toured around and also had many conversations with university students just like ourselves. Our conversations were very humorous, but also deeply meaningful and insightful. It was a very unique experience to learn about other cultures and their opinions on marriage, politics, and fun. Our home-stay families fed us amazing Moroccan dishes and helped us dress up in Moroccan attire (just for pictures- not to wear out ha). We went to a hammam and we shopped and got to see the city lit up at night. There is a 9 day long music festival that we came into. The night we arrived: Shakira was in town... go figure. We weren't allowed to go but still, gave us something to talk with all of the locals about.
Oh I also wanted to mention for everybody's entertainment that the first event that happened when we entered Morocco was that my suitcase broke. And when I say broke, I mean the bottom completely ripped and I had to carry my 47.5 lbs bag on my shoulder down into the Medina where our homes were... (not winning)

---

(Mom- dont worry, I haggled with the locals for a sweet new suitcase for only 250 dh which is $29.41 U.S. dollars. You would be proud. It is sweet. It has 3 wheels. And about 17 compartments. Peaks is jealous)

No comments:

Post a Comment