Friday, May 20, 2011

words cant explain

a word about the title of this blog:

Our Convivencia class is a semester- long course where we studied a period of time when Jews, Muslims, and Christians all lived together in a religious harmony. We learned how these three religions lived, worked, and co-existed in parts of Spain in the region of Al-Andaluz. The reason why I collaborated on calling this blog "words can't explain" is because this was also an upper- level Spanish course at Merrimack. I stopped taking Spanish language classes when I was an 18- year old high school senior. The majority of the rest of the class are Spanish minors or majors. So I am writing from the perspective that many Spanish words will be used to describe the sites and events we will experience. This being said, the experiences we will partake in will have English and Spanish meaning behind them, as well as different linguistic descriptions. I will attempt for the next two weeks to try and describe things in any language I can, whether it is Spanish or English. With that in mind, I will try to remember that the barriers of language and religion have long come between nations and their people.

No comments:

Post a Comment